Photo by Caleb Barnhart

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Friends Make Good Music: Lyle King

I've known Lyle King for over 12 years. I first met Lyle when he introduced himself and asked to get together and play music sometime. When we got together I discovered that Lyle could play pretty much all my songs; in some cases better than I could. Lyle also writes his own music. Lyle writes great music. We often get compared and I am flattered by the comparison.
In 1999, Lyle helped me record Some Things Never Change. Not only did he run the boards on many of the recording sessions, but he also contributed all the 2nd guitar parts and some background vocals. To truly appreciate his contribution, simply listen to Enfield, NH or Soon. The additional guitar parts help build and shape the performance.
In 2000, I returned the favor and wrote and recorded harmonies for Lyle's first official release, Left Standing. I've always loved writing harmonies and that was something I was missing since the break-up of Three Mile Limit. Left Standing also features the amazing cello of my former musical partner, Ana Jesse. This record has a variety of styles and transitions easily from thoughtful ballad to acoustic rocker.
In 2003, Lyle released the acoustic EP, 5 A.M. Six songs that leave little doubt that he is continuing to progress and grow as a songwriter.
Here is a link to Lyle's website
Here is a link to Lyle's music on I-Tunes:
Lyle King

Losing The Game is a song off Left Standing. Lyle allowed me to write harmonies for it and so I harmonized the entire song. I'm very proud of the harmonies on this song.

Leap of Faith is the first track of 5 A.M..

No comments:

Post a Comment